Data Entry Operator
Tearfund is a UK based NGO registered under the charity no 265464 in the UK and working in over fifty countries worldwide, tackling the major issues keeping people in poverty. Tearfund's Operational Team in Afghanistan has provided humanitarian support across the country since 2002 working in disaster risk reduction, water and sanitation, health promotion and food security.
We also work with a number of partners supporting people with disabilities, and partners who work in community development, water and sanitation, advocacy, disaster risk reduction, women's self-help groups, HIV and AIDS, water and sanitation and health promotion work. Tearfund is registered with the Ministry of Economy in Afghanistan under the registration No. 21.
PART 1 – JOB DESCRIPTION
1. JOB OVERVIEW
To effectively distributes coupons and completing the beneficiary profile in the Software program of WFP of communities in Jawzjan / in close coordination with the Project Manager in order to improve their water, sanitation and hygiene needs.
2. POSITION IN ORGANISATION
§ Grade C3
§ Reports to the Project Manager
3. ORGANIZATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
· The post-holder will, at all times, carry out their responsibilities with the utmost respect for the protection of children in accordance with Tearfund’s Child Protection Policy.
· The post-holder will be expected to behave in accordance with Tearfund’s ‘Code of Conduct’ as referred to in the Personal Conduct Policy.
- DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1 – Distributing the Coupons to beneficiaries each month.
2 – Completing the beneficiary profile in the Software program of WFP.
3 – Checking the ID card of beneficiaries and compare it with their relation card.
4 – Describe a bout the keeping of relation card, coupon card and the method of distribution.
5 – Distributing the relation card to beneficiaries.
6 - Responsible for proper communication/coordination in all work related matters with Project Manager.
7 - Ensure to involve Project Manager in all the major work related decisions.
8 - Maintaining a good relationship with other members of the team.
9 - Work with the Project Manager to build relationship with the beneficiaries.
10 – Reporting on time to line management department.
· At least finished grade 12
· High standard of written and spoken Dari and English plus one of the local languages (,Dari, Pashto, Uzbek, Turkman etc)
· Knowledge of Computer programmes especially in MS Office.
DESIRABLEQUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE.
· Diploma or other educational certificate in relevant field.
· Computer experience
· High level understanding of English.
· At least one year’ experience of Data entry operating or similar role.
. Experience of working at the similar role in an NGO Sector
. Experience in food aid projects
· Good Computer operating Command .
· Excellent interpersonal relationships, networking and communication skills at community level;
· Good presenters at community level, using appropriate messages and methods.
· PERSONAL QUALITIES
· Genuine heart for the poor
· Ability and willingness to spend long hours in the field locations
The interested candidates should submit their application letter with CV in written clearly the Position in subject line of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org Or in Hard From at Kart-e-Dostoom, Opposite of Action Aid Office, Sheberghan City, Jawzjan Province . Applications received after the closing date (05 June 2014) will not be given consideration. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted with, and called for the interview. The interview dates, time and place will be determined and communicated with the short listed candidates sooner after the deadline of vacancy announcement.