Following the United Nations fourth World Conference on women in Beijing-china, which was attended by group of Afghan women from various organizations and UN agencies, the idea of establishing a network to promote unity and cooperation among Afghan women was born.
The Afghan Women’s Network (AWN) founded in 1995 is a cornerstone of Afghanistan’s fledging women’s movement, serving as a well-established network for the growing number of women’s organizations and individual members operating in the country. AWN has had a strong presence in several Afghan provinces through AWN’s secretariat in Kabul, Herat, Jalalabad and other provinces through its members. AWN fulfills the role of a network of organizations, as well as undertaking its own Advocacy function, addressing issues such as gender-based violence, youth empowerment and girl’s education.
The operating environment for women’s organizations in Afghanistan is rapidly evolving, as reconstruction and development efforts continuous with varying rates of success amidst an unstable peace and shifting religious, political and social contexts facing women and girls. AWN sits at the epicenter of this environment, representing the interests of over 117 member organizations
Reports to: Finance Manager and Admin Manager of AWN-HO
Under over all supervision of AWN Herat branch office Manager and Direct supervision of Finance Manager, the Finance Officer is responsible for the below duties and responsibilities.
1. Have close contact with banks for balance confirmation, money transfers, funds confirmation exchange rates and other legal documents.
2. Record the entry of all transactions into Cash Book regularly to make sure all transactions are recorded accurately and coded to the right cost code.
3. Control and Maintain financial files for all accounting records, vouchers, disbursements, payments and other supporting documents.
4. Prepare Voucher for all transactions.
5. Prepare Monthly Cash and Bank Reconciliation of all AWN Bank Accounts
6. Review Payment vouchers and other financial documents to ensure that procurement and financial policies are implemented.
7. Conduct regular cash counts and verify cash in Safe.
8. Review Staff Payroll, prepare pay slip and transfer staff Salaries to their salary accounts upon authorization by Finance Manager and Director of Finance.
9. Prepare monthly and regular reports of Expenses vouchers, Advance Vouchers, and Bank Vouchers.
10. Perform any other duties that may be assigned by line Manager.
11. Provide administrative support to the Administration Department
12. Monitor incoming and outgoing telephone calls and forward to the appropriate person
13. Provide the necessary office equipment (mobile phone, SIM, desktop or laptop computer, etc.) to staff members.
14. Have an accurate inventory record of all AWN Equipments and Assets. Keep personal inventory checklist updated for each staff member working in AWN from the joining date until the staff member leave the organization.
15. Monitor usage of photocopy machine. Advise and assist other departments on photocopying of documents on timely manner.
16. Develop, set up and document office filing systems related to: records management, supplies management, and all relevant office services
17. Monitor and supervise daily activities of the support staff
18. Prepare the menu with the cooks on weekly bases
19. Maintain an office filing systems related to fueling of generators and heater systems update and track consumption on a regular basis.
20. Coordinate and arrange office facilities for seminars, workshops and trainings.
21. Provide administrative support to the program team in arranging workshop, seminars and conferences
22. Track the mailing system
23. Purchase tickets for business travels of staff and arrange their accommodations
24. Assist in translation of any office documentation.
25. Able to record minutes of staff meetings, circulate it among staff and keep them in specific file for further need.
26. Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as requested/assigned if needed on weekends.
Graduate degree in a field related to management with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working on program, management, and/or community-based issues.
· A strong understanding of gender
· Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
· Track record of grants and program management
· Knowledge of and interest in technical assistance and communications
· Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
· Demonstrated professional and political aptitude
· Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
· Please mention position title on the subject of email
· Applications meeting the above requirement will be entertained only.
· Only the short listed candidates will be notified.
· AWN reserves the right to appoint a selected candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned requirements, should submit an up-to-date Resume/CV, with a Letter of Interest, via email to the following e-mail address: