Following the United Nations fourth World Conference on women in Beijing-china, which was attended by group of Afghan women from various organizations and UN agencies, the idea of establishing a network to promote unity and cooperation among Afghan women was born.
The Afghan Women’s Network (AWN) founded in 1995 is a cornerstone of Afghanistan’s fledging women’s movement, serving as a well-established network for the growing number of women’s organizations and individual members operating in the country. AWN has had a strong presence in several Afghan provinces through AWN’s secretariat in Kabul, Herat, Jalalabad and other provinces through its members. AWN fulfills the role of a network of organizations, as well as undertaking its own Advocacy function, addressing issues such as gender-based violence, youth empowerment and girl’s education.
The operating environment for women’s organizations in Afghanistan is rapidly evolving, as reconstruction and development efforts continuous with varying rates of success amidst an unstable peace and shifting religious, political and social contexts facing women and girls. AWN sits at the epicenter of this environment, representing the interests of over 117 member organizations
Under overall supervision and guidance of the provincial Manager and direct supervision of the Admin officer. The cleaner is responsible for following duties
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Vacuum rugs and wash floors/stairs as needed;
· Empty waste baskets and dispose of other rubbish;
· Periodic cleaning and dusting of table/desk tops and other areas as required;
· Wash and disinfect toilet bowl and other ceramic surfaces in the bathroom;
· Report any broken or missing items to the Logistics Officer; failure to do so may result in immediate dismissal;
· Any and all other related duties as assigned by the Logistics Officer.
Cleaning of yard on daily basis.
1. At least secondary school graduate
2. Work experience as cleaner at least for 1 year.
3. Able to work in individual or as part of a team.
Reliable, Honest, Transparent; Commitment for hard work & exceptional work ethics.