Following the United Nations fourth World Conference on women in Beijing-china, which was attended by group of Afghan women from various organizations and UN agencies, the idea of establishing a network to promote unity and cooperation among Afghan women was born.
The Afghan Women’s Network (AWN) founded in 1995 is a cornerstone of Afghanistan’s fledging women’s movement, serving as a well-established network for the growing number of women’s organizations and individual members operating in the country. AWN has had a strong presence in several Afghan provinces through AWN’s secretariat in Kabul, Herat, Jalalabad and other provinces through its members. AWN fulfills the role of a network of organizations, as well as undertaking its own Advocacy function, addressing issues such as gender-based violence, youth empowerment and girl’s education.
The operating environment for women’s organizations in Afghanistan is rapidly evolving, as reconstruction and development efforts continuous with varying rates of success amidst an unstable peace and shifting religious, political and social contexts facing women and girls. AWN sits at the epicenter of this environment, representing the interests of over 65 member organizations
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Provincial Manager is responsible for overall activities at the provinicial level and supervision of day-to-day management in the specific province;
- Regularly reporting to AWN main office, and drafting Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly technical and financial reports;
- Present required weekly/monthly activity and progress reports to Line managers;
- Oversee the activities of Technical Personnel and cooperate accordingly;
- Identify problem and propose solution;
- Follow the activities and progress of the projects according to the project timeline;
- Attend the regular meetings conducted by Provincial Committee, and Security Meetings, and report the outcome of meeting to Line Manager;
- Ensure that communication on the project to our external stakeholders are timely and of high quality
- Conduct site monitoring and send regular reports to Kabul M& E Department;
- Maintain a broad network of relationships with district and community leaders and stakeholders, including District Governor, Community Elders and Shuras;
- Participate in provincial and district level meetings;
- Prepare progress reports, send data for project databases, and contribute to results reporting;
· Responsible for identification of advocacy collation member through need assessment
· Responsible for establishment advocacy collation at the provincial and zonal level
· Responsible to bring advocacy issues highlighted by the advocacy collation to main office
· Take advocacy initiative at the zonal and provincial level
· Responsible for arranging monthly Networking and advocacy meeting
· Responsible for organizing training for the member of collation as per their need
· Responsible for organizing press conference / press release at the zonal and provincial level
· Any other duties assigned by supervisor & project focal point.
· A University Degree in Management, Economic, Business Administration, or Agriculture with Five years relevant experience.
· Proven experience in Project Management, Project Assessment, Evaluation & Monitoring.
· Good written skills (Reports, Memos, Emails etc).
· Ability to communicate in English, Dari and Pashtu.
· Computer knowledge specially office packages.
· A strong understanding of gender
· Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues
· Demonstrated professional and political aptitude
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Please mention position title on the subject of email
- Applications meeting the above requirement will be entertained only.
- Only the short listed candidates will be notified.
- AWN reserves the right to appoint a selected candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned requirements, should submit an up-to-date Resume/CV, with a Letter of Interest, via email to the following e-mail address: