Following the United Nations fourth World Conference on women in Beijing-china, which was attended by group of Afghan women from various organizations and UN agencies, the idea of establishing a network to promote unity and cooperation among Afghan women was born.
The Afghan Women’s Network (AWN) founded in 1995 is a cornerstone of Afghanistan’s fledging women’s movement, serving as a well-established network for the growing number of women’s organizations and individual members operating in the country. AWN has had a strong presence in several Afghan provinces through AWN’s secretariat in Kabul, Herat, Jalalabad and other provinces through its members. AWN fulfills the role of a network of organizations, as well as undertaking its own Advocacy function, addressing issues such as gender-based violence, youth empowerment and girl’s education.
The operating environment for women’s organizations in Afghanistan is rapidly evolving, as reconstruction and development efforts continuous with varying rates of success amidst an unstable peace and shifting religious, political and social contexts facing women and girls. AWN sits at the epicenter of this environment, representing the interests of over 117 member organizations
· Develop and maintain special indexing systems and files for special collections
· Ensure an accurate inventory of resources
· Ensure efficient retrieval by users
· Search external database programs for the availability of cataloguing copy
· Maintain inventories compile statistics and generate reports as required
· Develop and maintain AWN archive filing system for each department
· Process resources for placement on shelf
· Index materials for the pamphlet collection
· Train resource center users to effectively search the catalogue, Internet and other electronic resources
· Give Technical assist to core partners and AWN partners
· Provide loan service for both book and audiovisual materials and maintain
· Maintain records for loan service
· Maintain circulation files, records and statistics
· Perform other related duties
Hold bachelor degree in management and related field.
· Capabilities and information resources of the Internet and other electronic databases
· Strong command on English and local languages ( Pashto, dari)
· Excellent computer knowledge
· Excellent presentation skill
Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned requirements, should submit an up-to-date Resume/CV, with a Letter of Interest, via email to the following e-mail address:
· Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
· Please write job title in the subject of your email
· Applications meeting the above requirement will be entertained only.
· Only the short listed candidates will be notified.