Website Development Consultant
Following the United Nations fourth World Conference on women in Beijing-china, which was attended by group of Afghan women from various organizations and UN agencies, the idea of establishing a network to promote unity and cooperation among Afghan women was born.
The Afghan Women’s Network (AWN) founded in 1995 is a cornerstone of Afghanistan’s fledging women’s movement, serving as a well-established network for the growing number of women’s organizations and individual members operating in the country. AWN has had a strong presence in several Afghan provinces through AWN’s secretariat in Kabul, Herat, Jalalabad and other provinces through its members. AWN fulfills the role of a network of organizations, as well as undertaking its own Advocacy function, addressing issues such as gender-based violence, youth empowerment and girl’s education.
The operating environment for women’s organizations in Afghanistan is rapidly evolving, as reconstruction and development efforts continuous with varying rates of success amidst an unstable peace and shifting religious, political and social contexts facing women and girls. AWN sits at the epicenter of this environment, representing the interests of over 117 member organizations
- To develop AWN Website with features.
- Provide training to the required personnel
- Provide after completion support for one year
- Write the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website software and graphics packages to meet social society requirements.
- Test the website and identify any technical problems
- Upload the site onto a server and register it with different search engines.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts to lobby all AWN activities and projects
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to Management and the IT Manager
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations and internet websites.
- Capacity building and training of AWN IT staff
- Any other task assigned by the senior authorities
Post Graduate Degree in a development-related field, e.g. Information Technology, or a related field in Computer Science, or IT management.
· At least 5 years relevant working experience with NGOs or international/multilateral organizations in IT, Website development and database development projects.
· Excellent analytical writing skills on similar issues.
· Has previously developed analytical reports and policy papers.
· Strong background in Website development and IT evaluation reports.
· Sector knowledge on Information Technology.
· Understanding of Afghanistan e-context
· Strong proven report writing experiences
· Excellent command of written and spoken English, Pashto, & Dari.
Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned requirements, should submit an up-to-date Resume/CV, with a Letter of Interest, via email to the following e-mail address:
· Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
· Please write job title in the subject of your email
· Applications meeting the above requirement will be entertained only.
· Only the short listed candidates will be notified.
· AWN reserves the right to appoint a selected candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post