Following the United Nations fourth World Conference on women in Beijing-china, which was attended by group of Afghan women from various organizations and UN agencies, the idea of establishing a network to promote unity and cooperation among Afghan women was born.
The Afghan Women’s Network (AWN) founded in 1995 is a cornerstone of Afghanistan’s fledging women’s movement, serving as a well-established network for the growing number of women’s organizations and individual members operating in the country. AWN has had a strong presence in several Afghan provinces through AWN’s secretariat in Kabul, Herat, Jalalabad and other provinces through its members. AWN fulfills the role of a network of organizations, as well as undertaking its own Advocacy function, addressing issues such as gender-based violence, youth empowerment and girl’s education.
The operating environment for women’s organizations in Afghanistan is rapidly evolving, as reconstruction and development efforts continuous with varying rates of success amidst an unstable peace and shifting religious, political and social contexts facing women and girls. AWN sits at the epicenter of this environment, representing the interests of over 65 member organizations
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist in developing HR strategies policies/procedures based on International Standard Organizations relevant to the recruitment of management, technical and support services personnel
2. Facilite of the performance appraisal process and maintenance of the related data
3. Organize trainings for the operations/ projects staff
4. Ensure administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results
5. Provide HR services focusing on achievement of the following results
6. Maintain and have up to date record of all staff members attendance
7. Prepare monthly payroll for national staff
8. Implemente recruitment processes including drafting job description, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participating in interview panels and contracting new employees
9. Coordinate recruitment of long-term resources, ensure quality control of recruitment process, interview candidates, and make recommendations to technical staff. Prepare weekly reports to Operations Manger on progress in recruitment activities
10. Maintain personnel file according to AWN’s HR policies and ensure its confidientiality and security
11. Ensure the attendance sheet is completed by each staff member upon arrival and departure from work with the exact timing mentioned
12. Record and follow up on all staff members leave
13. Act as HR Department main contact person in matters of external relations; be able to attract new employees from universities
14. Any other HR related tasked as required
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Applications meeting the above requirement will be entertained only.
- Only the short listed candidates will be notified.
- AWN reserves the right to appoint a selected candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.
Gender :only Female
Department: Administration Department
Reports to: Admin Manager
1. MBA graduate with specialized certification in HR
2. 3 years of work experience in HR or a related field
3. Reliable, Honest, Transparent; Commitment for hard work & exceptional work ethics
4. Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues
5. Computer literate able to use Word-processing, Spreadsheet, Emails and update databases.
6. Excellent communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto both oral and written.
7. Ability to perform a variety of specialized activities related to HR management, including administration of recruitment, contracting and performance evaluation, monitoring of transactions, reporting
Interested candidates, who meet the above-mentioned requirements, should submit an up-to-date Resume/CV, with a Letter of Interest, via email to the following e-mail address: